VF Corporation Europe are based in Stabio (Switzerland), Bornem (Belgium) and Nottingham (UK) and own a number of brands such as The North Face, Timberland, Vans, Reef, Wrangler, Lee, Smartwool, JanSport, Kipling, Eastpak, Napapijri and 7 For All Mankind.
• Designed developed and implemented an EDI system to process inbound and outbound messages between the Windows server based “Porthus” communications tool and JBA System/21 Apparel.
• Designed and project managed the development and implementation of a stock allocation and replenishment system for in excess of 300 owned and operated retail stores throughout Europe. Recruited a team of contract developers to carry out the development.
• Provided Business Analysis services as part of a team to integrate the recently purchased Timberland brand. In particular, I analysed the ‘As Is’ state of the EDI systems and interfaces with Franchise partners throughout Europe to develop a ‘To Be’ model. Development was then undertaken by a team of offshore developers which I managed.
• Worked as part of a team to consolidate numerous customer services teams throughout Europe into a single location in Nottingham. My responsibility was the Analysis of existing ways of working in relation to EDI to define best practices to be used by the new team.
• Developed and supported numerous XML interfaces between JBA System/21 Apparel and the Oracle based X-Store POS system used in the retail stores. This included in-store ordering for direct delivery to the customers home.
• Developed and supported interfaces with a third-party retail store demand management supplier.
• Was a member of the legacy development/support team during the migration to SAP FMS. Provided support for JBA System/21 Apparel and development when changes or extracts were required by the migration.